Last night Squidge had another seizure.  It wasn't as severe as the last, but was still just as terrifying.  The worst part of i...

Last night Squidge had another seizure. 

It wasn't as severe as the last, but was still just as terrifying. 

The worst part of it was that I didn't know it was happening. 

During her last seizure her big sister CJ had been with her when it had started, and we had been able to observe her during the whole thing. 

This one was different. 

My parents were visiting, the children were playing, and everything was pretty ordinary. 

I called Squidge to come and get changed, but she didn't answer me. 
Thinking she was upstairs, I continued to call her name but got no response. 

Then I saw her. 

She was at the bottom of the stairs 

She was unconscious. 

Her lips were blue. 

She had vomited. 

We moved her onto the floor and my Mum put her straight into the recovery position. 

Luckily it wasn't as severe this time. 

She started to wake up a lot faster and although she was quite vacant afterwards she started talking a lot faster than she did after her last.

didn't call an ambulance this time. 

When she was taken to hospital after her last seizure there wasn't a lot done. 

She had a blood gas performed and was observed for a little while, but they sent her home and told me to see her GP for further investigation, which we have done. 

I'm still arguing with myself about whether or not I should have taken her to hospital last night. 

She recovered quickly and has been fine today but it is really playing on my mind. 

The vomiting that happens before the seizure and loss of consciousness is completely silent!

There is NO warning. 

What if it happens during the night?? 

I am keeping a diary of what happens during (and after) her seizures in the hope that it might help the doctors get to the bottom of it all. 

I am calling them seizures, but the truth is we don't actually know what is happening. 

We do know that she is also having vacant episodes at school as the teachers raised concerns with us at her last parents consultation. 

We have been given an appointment for Squidge to have a full set of blood tests, and then the doctors will decide whether or not to refer her to neurology. 

The blood test isn't for another month!!

I'm not sure I can wait that long. 

I am on tenterhooks ALL of the time, wondering when her next 'seizure' will be. 

One thing I do know ..... If Squidge has another seizure/episode before she goes for her blood tests then I will be taking her to hospital and refusing to leave until I know what is causing it all. 

I am so incredibly worried for my baby girl.

Missy X